• Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket

Friday, October 5, 2012

learning>>>on being content

Why is it so difficult to be content?

I so often find myself comparing myself to others.... their jobs, homes, vacations, craftiness... anything and everything. And when I do that its so easy to start picking my life and myself apart. Things I want that I dont have, things I want to do, skills I wish I had. But its SO easy. Easy to let my mind go there. To feel jealousy and frustration and, well, discontent.

And when I do this it doesn't just affect me. It affects my husband too. It makes him feel like what he is providing me isn't good enough.

So maybe our house doesn't have an amazing outdoor space and wood floors? Yes, we made sacrifices on some of the things we wanted, but we knew when we bought the house that it was the one for us. I felt it the first time I walked in. If that's the case, why do I find myself being jealous or asking myself if we made the right choice or if we could have done better? Why is it so hard to just be thankful for what I have?

This is something I need to be more aware of and working to combat. I need to not let my mind be poisoned by greed and envy and learn to be content with the amazing wonderful life God has given me. I truly am so blessed in so many ways. I pray He will make me more aware of my blessings and help me fight the feelings of discontent.

No comments:

Post a Comment