• Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket

Friday, October 5, 2012

traveling>>>sullivan's island and kiawah

At the end of August, Jeff and I went down to Charleston for the weekend. I have been to Charleston a few times but always for an event (grandmas birthday, the bridge run) and I've never actually gone to the beach while I was there. Yes, there were morning walks, but never a day of laying in the sun, swimming, and general beach-age.

Lucky for us, Jeff's aunt and uncle live on Sullivan's Island. They just bought a house with a huge porch thats a few blocks from the beach. I mean, does it get much better than this?



We spent most of Friday and Saturday at the beach. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. We were there with Jeff's brother and his girlfriend, and his Nana also joined us on the beach on Saturday. Here are a few pics from the trip.


On Saturday evening on our way back home, we made a little detour down to Kiawah. This was my first time to Kiawah and I am desperate to go back. We were only there about an hour, but it is absolutely beautiful!

And the reason for our hour long visit to Kiawah?...


To take some pictures of my brother-in-law and his fiance right after he proposed!

Overall we had a great little getaway for 2 days that was really all part of the engagement plan. So excited to add Dawn to the family and that we could spend the weekend with them and be there to celebrate their engagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment